The Caterer Allergen Summit
It has never been more important for hospitality businesses to be one step ahead when it comes to allergens. Consumers are increasingly looking for information to help them make informed decisions about what they choose to eat, and the consequences of getting it wrong severe.
The Caterer’s Allergens Summit is a half day (12.30pm-5pm) dedicated to equipping F&B, operations and marketing professionals with the knowledge and best practice to set a strategy that keeps your customers and staff safe and informed.
Leading allergen experts, including Dr Robert Boyle of Imperial College London and the Food Standards Agency will give an insight into what operators should be prepared for in 2020 and beyond, including key risks and responsibilities. Plus, food safety experts and forward-thinkers from some of the UK’s most prominent operators will discuss their strategies, the steps they’ve taken and how they communicate to customers effectively.
Topics covered include
- Why are food allergies increasing globally, what to expect in the years ahead and how to plan a strategy that keeps your customers and staff safe
- The Food Standards Agency outlines your responsibilities, including what you are required to provide by law and how this might change
- How Pret became an industry leader in serving guests with allergen requirements following the tragic death of Natasha Ednan-Laperouse
- Signposting, discussion or full labelling: what are the best ways to communicate with your customers?
- How can you effectively train your staff to be allergen aware and protect your customers and reputation?
- Allergen experts from the UK's leading operators share their best practice, top tips and lessons learned
The Soho Hotel
4 Richmond Mews
London W1D 3DH
Surrounded by some of London's best restaurants and vibrant cafes, The Soho Hotel's theatre is the perfect location to learn how to protect your reputation and your guests at The Caterer's Allergens Summit.
At Bidfood, we’re focused on going the extra mile for our customers. Being the best is a key part of our ethos, and our focus is on delivering the best customer experience, making life easier and helping customers to grow. We’re serious about service excellence and getting it right first time, and we’ve invested in building an infrastructure that keeps us close to our customers.
In our range of over 13,000 products, which includes the best of both own brand and leading foodservice brands, customers will find everything they need for service from store cupboard ingredients to frozen and chilled food, soft drinks, wines, beers and spirits, cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils, cleaning products and catering equipment.
We’re invested in the success of our customers and we believe great service is about more than delivering boxes, it’s also about adding value. Our expertise, our industry knowledge, the data we provide, and the insight we distil help our customers stay ahead of the curve on allergens, legislation and food standards/guidelines, as well as key food trends, creative recipes and menu ideas.